Thursday, January 21, 2010

That First "Fantasy" Post





It has been a while since I checked out my blog and it's good to see that my custom template is now operating under normal conditions. Let's talk Final Fantasy all the way. Ehem!

As a result of my grade school graduation, I was presented with a copy of Final Fantasy IX as a 2-month treat away from homework and graded recitations - it was a pretty delayed gift as Final Fantasy X was then released before I could even start with Disc 1. Nonetheless, it was my stepping stone in playing the best (as far as I'm concerned) role-playing game ever spawned.

During my quest, I was into the RPG platform and I have remembered playing Chrono Cross first - I quickly shifted from game-to-game since I could not finish the Viper Manor infiltration which requires the player to push a secret switch hidden on one of the pillars. Right before playing Final Fantasy IX, I had already played a host of other RPGs such as Alundra, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Legaia, Breath of Fire IV and Threads of Fate.

These games represented a variety of gameplay mechanics which I didn't appreciate. For example, Legaia instructs players to randomly input a command which will fill their combo gauge thus, unlocking martial arts moves that can quickly dispatch an enemy. Oh-oh, Gamefaqs was not that yet popular during that time and unlocking combos is very hard.

I had to search for a game that consistently require players to alternately finish quests and increase their stats once in a while and Final Fantasy IX was the definite answer. Some of may think that I'm pretending to become an authoritative blogger by posting things related to FF. Yes, maybe I am and the proof that I started out playing Final Fantasy IX first than Final Fantasy I is concrete evidence of my gaming sin.

I'm just going to pour my emotions here first: FF IX was more of a refresher of some of the games that I had played and traversing the perennial and mist-enveloped valleys and knolls of Terra was something out of the extraordinary.Everything was wrapped under a great and solid package: lovable characters, memorable story and rewarding side-quests.

I'll be adding the serious stuff next time and I'll explain further my Final Fantasy IX is my "numero uno."

1 comments:

Custom Essay Armorkaizer said...

FFIX was created as a nod to the first few Final Fantasy series. Thus the cartoonish looks and sword-and-sorcery feel of the series. This was mostly fan service to their loyal gamers who've stuck from I to IX...

Post a Comment

Please don't leave links for SEO/SEM purposes. Don't even think of commenting for the sake of a backlink and, never flame someone for reputation and PR. Let's keep the blog interactive and spam-free.

Best Final Fantasy Moments © 2008 Template by:
SkinCorner